Ballygahan House is a cut stone construction from the 1800’s. Existing finish floors were removed and underpinning to large portions of existing stonewalls has taken place. Roof works consisted of brickwork repairs to chimneys, lead flashing and natural slate works. Roof strengthening works also took place, including the replacement sections of the wall plate which required large temporary works to facilitate propping of rafters. The new rear extension was built using stone from previous lean-to building that was demolished to facilitate the new extension. New cast aluminium half round gutters and downpipes were also installed to all roof areas.